Posted by Suzanne
on November 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM
Today is officially diabetes blog day, in honor of Diabetes Awareness month. A big thanks to Chris, over at The Big D blog for designing the awesome logo below.
I usually take forever to put together a blog. I research, I write and then re-write, and spend a lot of time trying to put together a whole feeling or message. This time I am going to go a little stream of consciousness, just for fun! Here aresome of the thoughts that go through my head in any given week that involve diabetes:
- Wow, look at all the black dots on my fingertips!
- I wonder if my endo will get on my case for not testing 2 hours after meals like I use to do religiously? With my new job it has been hard to do this….
- How did I ever survive without a CGMS?
- In an average year I use approximately 4500 test strips. At about a buck a piece, I sure could go on a killer vacation each year with all that money!
- Oooohhh, look! They have a low carb version of pita bread!
- If there was a cure today, would I still think of myself as a diabetic?
- Diabetes sure does make me a strong person.
- Diabetes makes me feel weak sometimes.
- I hate asking for help with inserting a DexCom sensor in my arm, but I love that my husband is willing to do it for me.
- I wonder if I my dog can tell when I am low or high?
- I sure carry around a lot of food with me….My purse is sooooo heavy!
- Fruit juice, glucose tabs, or left over candy? Which should I have to treat this low?
- It isn’t fair I have to deal with diabetes.I wonder if there will ever be a cure…
You can be 1happydiabetic, it’s all about your attitude!